Vermont Small Business Development Center now offers Regulatory Assistance Services for Businesses, to provide small businesses with strategies for addressing complex permitting and regulatory issues that may affect their business. The goal of this program is to create linkages and partnerships with existing environmental & regulatory service providers. We offer free and confidential environmental opportunity assessments focusing on identifying energy conservation, waste reduction and resource conservation opportunities to both save your business money and promote a cleaner environment. Additionally, we offer low cost, high quality training seminars on a range of environmental, health and safety topics.
The VtSBDC Environmental Assistance Program offers:
- Options available for reducing hazardous materials and waste in your operations
- Free and confidential on-site assessment of your business for waste reduction, recycling, energy and water use to help reduce your operating costs
- Environmental health and safety overviews
- Neutral party assistance with regulatory and compliance questions and issues
- Referrals to other sources for technical assistance
- Using your business’s environmental efforts as a marketing tool
- Networking with other businesses who are reducing their overhead through sound environmental management through the VT Business Environmental Partnership and Green Hotels programs.
- Vermont Business Environmental Partnership Challenge/Recognition Program
- Green Hotels in the Green Mountain State Program
VT Environmental Health & Safety Resources
- "Act 250 Fact Sheet"
- Vermont Environmental Assistance Office - Compliance Assistance Resources
- "Vermont Small Business Environmental Primer
- VT Safety Publication - Developing and Effective Safety and Health Program
- Vermont Safety & Health Council safety seminars
- VT ANR Department of Environmental Conservation Permits summary page
- Efficiency Vermont – Business pages
- "Workplace Safety Q's and A's for Vermont Small Business Employers"
- Free Vermont Hazardous Waste Regulations on-line training course
- VT Brownfields Redevelopment Handbook for Communities, Developers and Property Owners
- Energy Efficiency Self Audit Checklist
- VEDA Energy Conservation Loan Summary
For more information on how the VtSBDC Regulatory Assistance Services can assist your business or to inquire about a free on-site pollution prevention/waste reduction assessment, contact us.
- Peter Crawford
- PO Box 188, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0188
- Phone: (802)728-1423 or 1 (800)464-7232
- Fax: (802) 728-3026
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member Vermont Environmental Partnership