Small Business Technology and Commercialization
At VtSBDC we believe technology-driven entrepreneurs and businesses offer significant economic growth potential, life-enhancing innovative products and services, and the creation of better-paying job opportunities for all Vermonters.
As part of our overall business assistance service, the Technology and Commercialization Advisor can specifically help you with:
- Applying for funding from the Vermont EPSCoR program and/or the Federal Small Business Innovation Research ('SBIR') or Federal Small Business Technology Transfer ('STTR') programs. We have a track record of accomplishment helping entrepreneurs with the preparation, analysis, process and procedures needed to meet the stringent requirements to qualify, submit and win these grants/contracts.
- Acquiring capital for intellectual property or research and development components that require prototype development, testing and/or evaluation.
- Collaborating with universities, research institutions or even other businesses - for pieces or whole processes of your product development.
Speeding the development of your product to get it into the market as quickly as possible.
Budgeting and financial analysis assistance to help you determine if you should produce your product/supply your service or, license it to others.
- Meeting the Angel and VC communities at the appropriate time.
- Training and networking opportunities on topics of specific interest to new and existing companies.
To contact the VtSBDC Technology and Commercialization Advisor: Scott Holson at (802) 281-5236 or by e-mail email@example.com.
A few helpful videos:
TechDrivers III Panel Alternative Approaches to reaching Commercialization through SBIR STTR
TechDrivers III IP Rights under SBIR and Beyond by Jesse Erlich
TechDrivers III Panel Proposal Strategy Application Process
TechDrivers III Commercialization Planning Workshop by Jim Greenwood