Small Business Technology and Commercialization
Are you a technology-focused company developing innovative new products or services?
Are you a small business serving a high growth sector of the market?
Start out right by talking to our VtSBDC expert in Technology Commercialization.
At VtSBDC we are here to help technology-driven entrepreneurs and businesses gain a competitive advantage in the commercialization of their innovations. We also assist high-growth small businesses in obtaining grant funding for research and development as well as advising on positioning themselves to attract outside investment.
As part of our overall business assistance service, the VtSBDC Technology and Commercialization Advisor provides one-on-one guidance services to:
• Identify opportunities for research and development funding.
• Provide guidance with Vermont EPSCoR applications.
• Assistance with applications for Small Business Innovation Research ('SBIR') or Federal Small Business Technology Transfer ('STTR') programs.
• Guidance on the protection of intellectual property (IP); patents, copyrights and trademarks.
• Instruction on how to communicate your innovation to others without releasing essential Intellectual Property.
• Finding resources. including outside investment, needed to bring an innovation to market.
• Guidance on writing the business plan in support of a request for outside investment.
• Providing introductions to appropriate angel and venture capital investors.
• Guidance on preparing the pitch to sell your business opportunity to outside investors.
To receive information about technology and commercialization services please contact Ian Rutherford, the VtSBDC Technology Commercialization Advisor at (802)233-1573 or by email at email@example.com Alternatively contact the VtSBDC Lead Center at (802) 728-9101 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.