Share your brilliance with Vermont sole proprietors, solopreneurs, and small businesses!
The Community Navigator Pilot Program is hosting a full day of workshops, networking, and table talks on Saturday, September 30, 2023, at Vermont State University, Randolph Center (formerly Vermont Tech). We seek people to present workshops, moderate and participate in panels, and host table talks on topics that will help a (very) small business and sole proprietor start and/or grow and thrive.
Who will attend
We expect the audience will be at different stages of business from ‘having a good idea’, to freelancers, to those looking to hire their first employees. We are focused on inviting Vermonters who have not been historically connected to business resources across the state, especially BIPOC, womxn, veterans, and those living in the most rural communities.
What the day looks like
8 am: Registration opens
8-10: Registration, networking, welcome & opening speakers
10 am: Learning Session 1: 45 minutes
11 am: Learning Session 2: 45 minutes – repeat of session 1
12-1:30 pm: Lunch & Table Talks
1:45 pm: Learning Session 3: 45 minutes
2:45 pm: Closing
3:15 pm: End
What we are looking for
Workshops: Share your expertise in a presentation format with a topic that will connect with your audience, leaving them with an inspiring idea or an actionable step.
- 45 minutes: morning presentations will be repeated
- May include slides or handouts
Panels: Gather two or three of your captivating colleagues to engage in a lively conversation, encouraging Q&A from the audience.
- 45 minutes
- Facilitated conversation with 2-3 panelists (recommended)
- Please submit one application for the group with details and speakers’ information
Table talks: Introduce a topic or idea for casual lunchtime learning with guests at your table that inspires networking and conversation.
- 90 minutes over lunch
- Organized by topic, region, industry, current trends, or your brilliant idea
How you can participate
- Apply to become a presenter. You choose the topic that you believe will inform, inspire, and engage our attendees.
- A modest honorarium will be given to every presenter (workshop, panel moderators, table talk). We cannot reimburse you for mileage.
- Attend other sessions! If you are a presenter, you are welcome to participate in the other activities too.
A few things
- This event is a networking opportunity for you and all of the businesses attending. Please refrain from directly selling or recruiting products or services in your role as a presenter or speaker.
- You are welcome to share your contact information but you may not collect names and contact information during your sessions.
- The Community Navigator Pilot Program is committed to connecting to diversity, equity, and inclusion, especially to our neighbors who have historically been disconnected and marginalized in the business development landscape.
Deadlines & Notifications
- July 5: Deadline for submissions for workshops, panels, and table talks
- July 5 – 12: Submissions review: we might reach out to you with questions
- July 14: Presenters selected for workshops, panels & table talks & notifications sent to all who sent submissions
- Week of July 24: Announce workshops, panels, and table talks
Preference will be given to presentations addressing current concerns of Vermont’s business owners such as financial technology, access to capital, marketing and awareness building, sales and networking, combatting burnout and isolation, hiring, insurance, and legal issues.