“I thought it was a great introduction. Covered all the initial bases and gave a great foundation to build on.”
– Participant from Rochester VT
Like many businesses, VtSBDC has had to pivot and move our business workshops online. This has given us the unique opportunity to reach more entrepreneurs across the state, more frequently. The Virtual Start Your Own Business Workshop is a free, 90-minute introduction to starting a business in Vermont.
Get started by familiarizing yourself with the materials covered in the virtual workshop:
During the Virtual SYOB Workshop, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn about and become comfortable with the Business Model Canvas
- Begin to create your value proposition. What makes your business unique?
- Understand how to determine if there is a viable business in your good idea
- Gain tips from business advisors and learn about other local resources
- Hear real world examples of start-up successes (and failures)
- Connect with other entrepreneurs through interactive discussion
- Have some of your burning questions answered
- Leave with next steps!
Hear from recent Virtual SYOB attendees:
“The webinar was wonderful! Many of my questions were answered during the presentation and I learned about new resources and aspects of business I am eager to explore. The use of technology was seamless! The three presenters transitioned roles leading the webinar easily…I highly recommend this webinar. VtSBDC clearly put tons of effort into making this pivot to continue delivering high quality content. Because you made a pivot, entrepreneurs are empowered to make pivots in their businesses too. Thank you so much!”
- Participant from Williston, VT
“Great use of Zoom and chat…it felt really amazing to see three women running this business workshop and to see the diversity of entrepreneurs in Vermont!”
- Participant from Montpelier, VT
“This was a first time ZOOM experience for me. Thank you for still providing the opportunity to attend this seminar amid the world health pandemic. I have plans to start up a business within the next year and a half or so, after I graduate from CCV.”
- Participant from Enosburg, VT