“I thought it was a great introduction. Covered all the initial bases and gave a great foundation to build on.”
– Participant from Rochester VT
VtSBDC is pleased to offer two ways to learn more about Starting Your Own Business (SYOB):
- The virtual live (ZOOM) presentation is a free 75-minute introduction to starting a business in Vermont with time to have many of your questions answered by VtSBDC business advisors at the end of the program.
- The virtual on-demand (pre-recorded webinar) is a free 35-minute introduction to starting a business in Vermont without any interaction or questions answered.
To familiarize yourself with the materials covered in the virtual workshop: Downloadable PDF
During the virtual SYOB workshops, you can learn about:
- How to evaluate if there is a viable business opportunity in your idea?
- What makes your business unique? Creating your value proposition.
- Testing your idea using the Business Model Canvas.
- Register your business and hear some basics on legal, accounting and insurances.
- Basics of financials and how to calculate what you’ll need to get started.
- Gain tips from business advisors, learn about other local resources and next steps.
Here’s what some of our recent virtual attendees have said about the workshops:
“The webinar was wonderful! Many of my questions were answered during the presentation and I learned about new resources and aspects of business I am eager to explore. The use of technology was seamless! The three presenters transitioned roles leading the webinar easily…I highly recommend this webinar. VtSBDC clearly put tons of effort into making this pivot to continue delivering high quality content. Because you made a pivot, entrepreneurs are empowered to make pivots in their businesses too. Thank you so much!”
- Participant from Williston, VT
“Great use of Zoom and chat…it felt really amazing to see three women running this business workshop and to see the diversity of entrepreneurs in Vermont!”
- Participant from Montpelier, VT
“This was a first time ZOOM experience for me. Thank you for still providing the opportunity to attend this seminar amid the world health pandemic. I have plans to start up a business within the next year and a half or so, after I graduate from CCV.”
- Participant from Enosburg, VT