“Vermont Entrepreneurs…. Connecting Communities”
Students from: Black River HS | Burlington CTE | Champlain Valley UHS | Colchester HS | Danville HS | Enosburg Falls HS | Essex HS |Green Mountain CTE | Hartford Area CTE | Lake Region UHS | Lamoille UHS | North Country UHS | South Burlington HS | Southwest VT CTE | St. Johnsbury Academy | Stafford CTE | Vergennes UHS | Williamstown HS | Winooski HS | And more!
MONTPELIER (Jan. 15, 2020) – Celebrate Vermont Entrepreneurship Day – Feb 6th in Montpelier from 9:00am – noon at the Capitol Plaza Hotel. The 11th annual entrepreneurship day celebration is an opportunity to showcase some of the great things students are doing in their high schools, technical centers and communities. Over 250 students/educators/attendees from around the state will participate and celebrate the importance of Vermont’s entrepreneurial spirit – helping to foster and support a dynamic, vibrant and resource-rich environment that values and cultivates entrepreneurs and workforce development in Vermont. The event will feature:
- Three young successful Vermont entrepreneurial speakers – Abdul Mujib, owner/founder – North Country Kettlebells – https://www.northcountrykettlebells.com/; Marina McCoy, owner/founder of Waste Free Earth –https://www.wastefree.earth/; and Skylar Bagdon, Co-founder/CEO – Power Scavengers – http://www.powerscavengers.com/
- The announcement and showcase of the winners of the annual high school/technical center visual media competition themed “Vermont Entrepreneurs….Connecting Communities” (mini- videos and bumper stickers).
- The Governor’s Proclamation naming February 3-7, 2020 Vermont Entrepreneurship Week.
- Remarks from Lindsay Kurrle, Secretary of the Agency of Commerce and Community Development
- A fun, hands-on entrepreneurial activity for all to take part in and more.
VtSBDC State Director, Linda Rossi, says “By offering student entrepreneurial initiatives as this, we see the growing creation of a pipeline of future entrepreneurs and/or workforce leaders, and the continuance of seamless statewide educational and business assistance networks from middle school through secondary and post-secondary education”.
Earlier in the morning students representing Career and Technical Center Student Organizations from FBLA, FFA, DECA, Skills USA and HOSA, will share information about their programs for legislators in the
Statehouse cafeteria from 7:30am – 9:00am. Students, teachers, business leaders from all parts of state will be in attendance.
The Vermont Celebration is sponsored by: the Vermont Small Business Development Center, VT Career & Technical Center Student Organizations, U.S. Small Business Administration – Vermont District Office, VT Business Education Corp. as well as supported by many organizations. For more information contact: Laurel Butler, VtSBDC Startup Business Advisor & Student Entrepreneur Specialist – firstname.lastname@example.org – (802) 922-3692 or go to:https://www.vtsbdc.org/specialty-services/youth-entrepreneurship/ Links to previous winning video and video from last year’s event https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAIbOQ1IMZY&feature=youtu.be — https://www.vtsbdc.org/2019-entrepreneurship-day/ and below the day’s agenda and winning bumper stickers from previous years.
2020 Vermont Student Entrepreneurship Day
February 6 (Thursday) – Montpelier Statehouse, 7:30am – 9:00am –
Vermont Career & Technical Center Student Organization – Student Officers
Capitol Plaza Hotel – 9:20am to noon
“Vermont Entrepreneurs….Connecting Communities”
| 9:20am – 9:45am
Capitol Plaza Hotel
in the Governor’s Ballroom
|Opening remarks in the Capitol Plaza Hotel’s Governor’s Ballroom – (coffee/cocoa available)
· Team VT Entrepreneurship welcome – Linda Rossi, State Director – VtSBDC
· Remarks – Wendell Davis – SBA Regional Administrator
|9:45am -10:15am||Speakers – Successful Vermont Entrepreneurs
· Abdul Mujib https://www.northcountrykettlebells.com/
· Skylar Bagdon & Team http://www.powerscavengers.com/
|10:15am – 10:40am
|Student Activity – fun – interactive – hands on – for all to participate|
|10:45am – 10:50am||Break|
|10:55am -11:10am||· Marina McCoy https://www.wastefree.earth/|
|11:15am -11:30am||· Governor Scott’s (invited) remarks/VT 2020 Entrepreneurship Week Proclamation
· Lindsay Kurrle, Secretary of the Agency of Commerce and Community Development – remarks
|11:30am -12 noon||Student Bumper Sticker and Video Awards|
|12noon – 12:10pm depart||Closing Remarks|